Sciatica describes the symptoms of pain, numbness, and weakness in the sciatic nerve from the lower back hips and legs. Significant problems arise due to pressure and compression of spinal nerves which irritate the nerve root. It can occur due to the herniated disc, disc degeneration, and the pain is often described as steering, sharp or throbbing depending upon the location of compression. It is an underlying condition caused by prolonged sitting or walking activity.
- Pressure on the nerve caused due to herniation
- Disc degeneration
- Arthritis of the lumbar spine
- Trauma or injury to the lumbar spine
- Nerve root injuries
- Spinal surgery affecting nerves
- Stabbing pain
- Burning and tingling sensation
- Numbness in lower back or buttocks
- Lower body pain
- Weakness in lower back and legs
There are many ways to treat lumbar radiculopathy through exercises or nonsurgical methods. Learn to manage chronic pain conditions with experts at our centers equipped with best-in-class diagnosis and treatments. Get personalized pain relief and management programs to get back to your healthy life.