The lumbar herniated disc is caused due to trauma or wear and tear of everyday life which causes trauma on the disc causing the soft jelly-like structure to leak out in tough exterior leading to herniation of the disc. The herniated spot lies underneath the nerve root pressuring is and causing radiating pain in the leg, pinching and tingling sensation or numbness.
- Gradual wear and tear due to aging
- Using back muscles to life large and heavy objects
- Over-weight also causes stress on the disk
- Repetitive lifting, pulling, pushing increases the risk
- Pain and numbness
- The problem in performing everyday activities
- Radiating pain in arm or leg
- Tingling sensation
- Weakness in legs causing loss of ability to hold or lift items
There are many ways to treat lumbar herniated disc with exercises or nonsurgical methods. There are medications, treatments, knowledge, and support for pain relief. Learn to manage chronic pain conditions with experts at our pain centers equipped with best-in-class diagnosis and treatments. Get personalized pain relief and management programs to get back to your healthy life.