What is Discogram (Discography)?
Discogram or discography is a diagnostic tool which is used to identify the source of pain. It helps in finding the exact intervertebral disc causing pain. The intervertebral disc is sponge-like cushions that provide flexibility and act as a shock absorber. This diagnostic tool is used for confirmation of the affected disc and nearby nerves.
How it benefits?
- It is done before surgery to get accurate results about the affected area
- Helps in finding problem areas in the condition like disc herniation, degenerative disc disease
- There will be no radiation in the patient body
- Provides structural integrity of the disc
- Helps in planning right treatment
- X-rays and CT is painless, non-invasive and yields accurate results