What is Chronic Pain Management?
Chronic Pain Management in Plano includes a series of medication and therapies. Medicines include Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and medications to soothe the irritated nerves like Gabapentin, Elavil. Tropical therapies are done with ointment, crème or patch. We also treat chronic pain through non-pharmaceutical treatments.
Various non-pharmaceutical treatments are the following:
- Physical therapy: it includes heat therapy, different exercises and massage delivered at home or facility by trained professionals.
- Acupuncture: it includes placing needles in the affected part of the body to reduce pain and release endorphins by a professional acupuncturist.
- Transcutaneous Electro-Nerve Stimulator (TENS): It includes stimulation around the affected area to relive from a variety of pain symptoms.
- Bracing (of Low back, Neck or Knees) is a way to reduce pain through stabilization.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e., Ibuprofen, Celebrex, Alleve, Meloxicam)
- Opioids (pain medications)
- Topical therapies for pain via ointment, cream or patch
- Medicines to “Calm Down” Irritated Nerves (i.e., Gabapentin/Neurontin, Lyrica, Elavil, etc.)
- Muscle Relaxers
- Anti-depressants (i.e., Cymbalta, Elavil, etc.)
How it benefits?
- Rehabilitative stretching and exercises to relieve pain.
- Ease pain in the affected area
- A patient can easily resume to day to day activities
- Easy to maintain and manage
- Works on the source of pain
- Reduces swelling
Innate Medical Solutions has the best pain doctors in Texas delivering quality pain management services with accuracy and precision. To get instant relief, Book your Appointment Now!